I found this recipe the other day and decided to make it for my family. It was super easy and a big hit all around!!! So if you need a quick meal idea and have picky kids, grab these ingredients and make this meal for dinner one night. You won’t be disappointed!!
- 2 cups pasta (cooked) see NOTES
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- salt to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Cook (if cooking) pasta according to al dente package directions less 1 minute. Reserve ½ cup pasta water. Drain pasta without rinsing.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over high heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil and brown beef while breaking up with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes. Reduce to medium heat. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Stir in garlic, onions, chili flakes, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, parsley, and ½ cup pasta (or plain) water. Simmer until meat is tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss in pasta and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with remaining cheese and cover with lid. Garish with additional parsley.