I am trying to switch things up and try different meals and tonight’s was great! I made these Crispy Baked Potatoes with Prosciutto, I played around with a recipe from a Simple Suppers cookbook and it was filling and a hit. Serve with a salad as a meal in itself, or a side with some fried chicken.
Crispy Baked Potatoes with Prosciutto
What you need:
4 Large Russet Potatoes
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning to taste
6 slices of prosciutto
1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar or Mexican blend)
4 tbsp Sour Cream
How to make Crispy Baked Potatoes with Prosciutto:
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Thoroughly wash your potatoes and poke them with a fork a few times.
3. Mix tbsp Olive Oil with Italian Seasoning and Garlic salt in a plastic bag and then roll each of your potatoes through that mix so they are well coated.
4. Bake potatoes for 1:15 until soft inside.
5. During the last 5 minutes, chop up your prosciutto into little pieces.
6. Once baked, pull the potatoes out and slice each of the potatoes in half. Remove the potato inside and place them in a bowl (keeping the halves!).
7. Mix the potatoes up and add in your sour cream, blending well.
8. Add in your prosciutto pieces little by little so they are not all clumped together.
9. Season with Italian Seasoning or pepper to taste, mix well.
10. Refill each of the halves with the potatoes.
11. Top with cheese.
12. Broil for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted well.
You could add veggies in the mix if you want too!