Did you know that even though the crock pot was not introduced until the 1970’s, the slow cooking concept has been around since we started cooking with fire. Our early ancestors learned quickly that slower cooking made meats more tender and broths tastier. This super easy recipe gives you very tender meat and tasty sauce.
Here’s what you need along with your crock-pot:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 (19-ounce) can green enchilada sauce (red will work also)
- 1 tablespoon chicken flavored instant bouillon
- Juice from half of a fresh lime
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto or black beans, warmed
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Mexican style cheese
These taste great with sour cream and chopped onions on top. Be creative with other toppings too. Serve with rice, salad or even just an avocado.