Its Back to School time and thousands of teachers across the country are working to prepare their classrooms for the new school year and this means stocking up on school supplies.
Many teachers pay for a majority of classroom supplies out of their own pocket! Classroom supplies are not cheap and some school districts struggle, leaving many teachers to pay for school supplies on their own.
This movement was started by a school teacher earlier this month in the form of a Facebook group called “Support A Teacher – Teacher Gifting“. This group provides a place for school teachers and professionals to share their Classroom Wish Lists so that donors across the worlds can fulfill the item(s) on these lists.
Just choose a teacher in need, click on their wish list and start shopping!
Teachers and educational professionals can head over to Amazon, create a classroom wish list and then share their lists publicly. And, anyone can ‘donate’ items that are on the list and after making a donation, donors can even leave a note or message letting the teacher know how much they are appreciated.
Teachers, follow these steps to make your own classroom wish list on Amazon:
- Head over over to Amazon and hover over Account & List at the top of any Amazon page. Select ‘Create a List’ from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Wish list and whether you want the list to be private or public. You can also designate whether your list is for an organization and if so, you’ll have the option to provide the website address of the organization.
- Click ‘Save’ and then you can start adding items to your list!
- To add items to your wish list, simply browse Amazon for products and then click ‘Add to List’ under the Buy box on the right-hand side of any item’s product detail page.
- Only list owners can make changes through Manage List. Both list owners and collaborators will be able to add and remove items.