There is something about that sour/sweet combo that I just love. Lemon cookies, sour candies, all of those just hit the spot! Here is a fun twist on your everyday crescent roll, a little lemon cheesecake inside makes everything better!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes.
LEMON CHEESECAKE CRESCENT ROLLS
Makes 16 crescent rolls
What you need:
2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1⁄2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to make Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls:
1. Unroll dough to form 16 triangles, and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet or plate.
2. Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until well-combined. Add egg yolk and beat until incorporated.
3. With mixer on, add lemon zest and vanilla; mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
4. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling at the center of wide end of each triangle.
5. Starting at the wide end, roll to opposite point; pinch edges to seal. Keep rolls pointed side down and curve into crescent shape.
6. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
8. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
9. Remove crescents from freezer and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
10. Brush crescents with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar.
11. Bake for 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
13. To make the glaze, place powdered sugar in a medium bowl with lemon juice. Whisk until combined. Glaze should be thick, but pourable. Add more sugar or lemon juice as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
14. Drizzle lemon glaze over crescents.